Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another Blessing

Today the first day of an 8 day vacation.  Today and tomorrow I will just hang out here before going to the Dominican Republic for a few days of R&R.  I had convinced myself that I would be bored out of my mind.  I was already missing the kids from my camp.

Well, again God sent a blessing my way.  I decided to go hang out at the pool for an hour or so.  As I was walking out there I noticed that there were a bunch of Haitian kids swimming in the pool.  You probably know by now that I have a soft spot in heart for these kids.  Within minutes I was playing with them in the pool.  I would help some of them swim, played catch with some and played volleyball with some.  They were very polite and were having a great time.

I found that they were street kids.  An organization called Rebuild Globally helps support these kids.  For more information check out their website at www.REBUILDGlobally.org or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/REBUILDglobally.  These kids make sandals here in Haiti.  The money raised is used for them to pay for their education.  Nearly all "quality" education here in Haiti is through private schools and is expensive, especially for Haitians.  So please, check out their website.

Once again, you just never know when you are going to blessed by God.  Until next time, take care, stay safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment