Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

On to the Next Adventure

Well, I just finished my last shift at my current assignment.  It was bittersweet.  I will miss the people there and will miss my teammates.  But, it's time for another adventure somewhere else in Haiti.  Not to mention, my new adventure only involves day shift.  That's a plus for my body.

Today was not great but at the same time it was not bad.  I had a chance to meet with Greg and Michelle Roberts, along with Wilna from Chadasha.  More importantly, I got to hold this little boy for about 30 minutes while they talked with his mother.  After about 5-10 minutes he fell asleep with his hands clasped together.  He's a sweet little boy though I doubt he is long for this world.  Unless God has other plans, I doubt this little boy will be alive in a couple of weeks.

Greg and Michelle have assured me that they are in for the long haul.  They will help care for this little boy until the very end.  They will also ensure that the parents receive the very best medical care available here along with the medication needed.  What a great couple and Chadasha is a great organization.  I simply can't say enough about these three people.  I feel like I have known them forever.  Again, if your church supports international missions, please consider passing along information about Chadasha.  I have included a link to their website at the end of this posting.

Now, I will start my new assignment tomorrow.  Hopefully, when I'm working the early shift I can get access to a vehicle in the afternoon so I can go back to where I was working and see some people there.  I will never forget what I experienced during that assignment. Most of which was documented in my previous blog.

After tomorrow, I will be on vacation for 8 days.  The first couple days I'll just hang out here and relax.  After that, I'll head to the Dominican Republic and hang out on the beach for 3 or 4 days.  Nothing to complain about there other than wishing my family was with me.

Until next time, take care, stay safe and God Bless.

http://www.chadasha.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment