Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Not Much to Report

Well, I don't have much to report in this blog.  Since changing over to a new assignment on 9/26 I seem to have very little interaction with the locals.  But, I'm confident that God will present me with a situation where I can have a positive impact on someone.

For security reasons, I can't provide very many details about my current assignment.  I can tell you that I now work about 45-60 minutes away.  I miss the kids at my previous assignment, as well as my teammates there, but it was time for a change of scenery.  The night shifts were killing me.  This job is not fraught with danger. The danger is boredom.  While this is more than acceptable to a lot of people, I look at it differently.  I came here to work but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Even those who claim to "work", most are not.   But, it is what it is.

If not for some of the humanitarian work I've been able to do here, my time here has been pretty much a waste.  But again, it is what it is.  There are some things I simply cannot change.  I do my "job" and then I try and find a way to make even the slightest difference in the lives of some of the people here.  That alone could be a full time job.  When I end this mission, I will be free to tell you much, much more.

Anyway, until next time, take care, stay safe and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment